A girl or woman who accompanies a bride on her wedding day.
Questions To Ask Before Picking Your Bridesmaids.
1. Are my bridesmaids genuinely my friends?
2. Will these individuals be there for me even after the wedding?
3. Have these individuals been there for me throughout the years or even in the short while I’ve met them? Do they check up on my well-being?
4. What kind of bridal party do I want?
5. Are my bridesmaids fun people to be around?
6. Am I including more people just to make the bridesmaids and groomsmen equal?
7. Are my bridesmaids peaceful people who will make my special day go smoothly?
8. Will they celebrate me or rather will they be envious?
Don’t pick your bridesmaids because they are pretty and you want your pictures to look posh.
Don’t pick your bridesmaids because you want them to buy you luxurious gifts.
Don’t pick your bridesmaids because you want an extravagant wedding and you want the town and it’s villagers to speak about your wedding.
Don’t pick your bridesmaids because you have known them for a long time. Knowing someone for a long time doesn’t make them a genuine friend.
Don’t pick your bridesmaids based on what your family is telling you. You don’t have to include your cousins or nieces as your bridesmaids if you don’t have a close relationship with them. Remember it’s your special day. Pray before making the choice of who your bridesmaids are going to be.
Don’t pick your bridesmaids based on their heights.
Pick your bridesmaids because you genuinely love them and these individuals have stood by you in good and bad times. Picking a bridesmaid is not a small thing, so be wise in picking the right bridesmaids/maid of honor. There are people you would want to make your bridesmaids but not everyone is going to make the cut. Be honest with yourself. Find a way to let them know. Its okay. After all, you can’t please anyone. It’s your wedding day. You want to have fun with the ones you love.
But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. -Matthew 6:33