Perspective is Key. Looking back over the years, I can say that I didn’t have this mindset of perspective being key. I’ve grown so much. The trials I faced drew me closer to God. Life isn’t always easy. Some days are tougher than others but I have learned to lean on God. I can definitely say that something that has helped me to reshape my thinking is my relationship with God. I look at situations through a different lens now. There were times when I was going through my own personal situations and when I called my friends, they never got back to me. In those moments are when one begins to question their friendships. It was hard at times and yes there have been many times in my life that I have questioned myself about the people I surround myself with but overtime I learned not to depend solely on people. We are humans and we fail in some way. It breaks my heart to see that there are many people hurting. They have become silent. So what have I learned thus far in this life? I have learned a lot but I’ll list 10 things.
- Seek God in all your earthly doing. Study the Bible. Invite the Holy Spirit before you partake in your study.
- Perspective is Key. The way you choose to view your circumstances can either shape you or break you.
- Create room in your heart for God in the same way you make room for things.
- Be careful of your circle of friends. At the same time, know that there is a Purpose to every encounter. Some people come into our lives for a season or for a lifetime. It’s never a mistake the people we cross paths with in this life.
- Prioritize. When something is important to you, you make time for that thing. You don’t make excuses. If you want to have a better relationship with God, you make time to be in his presence. You will make time to read the Bible.
- Community of Believers: It’s good to have people in your life that pray for you and want to see you grow in the Lord. If you do not have people in your life but will like to be surrounded with likeminded people, pray about it.
- Live: Don’t take life so seriously. There’s a time for everything. Create memories with your family, friends and loved ones.
- Spend time with yourself. Get know what you like and don’t like. Go out and explore. Write in your journal. Take pictures. Discover new hobbies.
- Prayer is powerful. I’ve heard people say “I don’t know how to pray”. “So and so knows how to pray for long.” Honestly, it’s not about the duration of your prayer but rather your heart and also having the faith that whatever you have prayed for will come to pass. I can say that something that has given me peace is asking God to have his way in everything. If things don’t go as I intended, I’m grateful and I look at it in a different perspective.
- Be a blessing unto others: As you forth into the day, there are people that God will allow you to cross paths with. It’s for a Purpose. I don’t believe in coincidences. Take time to compliment someone if you like their hair, clothes and etc. Take time to say hello or good morning when you meet people. Sometimes, we get so caught up in our own situations that we become close minded to what is right in front of us. Take time to pray for someone.
“There are far too many silent sufferers. Not because they don’t yearn to reach out, but because they’ve tried and found no one who cares.” -Richelle E. Goodrich
Until next time, take care of yourself. Stay rooted in the Word. Be Encouraged 🙂