At the start of this year, I started a project which entailed of me asking people who are much older than me this question “What advice will you give your younger self?” It’s been quite interesting the responses I have received by far. In the month of March, I documented all the responses I received and shared it with you all. Today, I will be sharing part two (responses with you all from (April – July).
- Trust God
- Your beautiful
- Value your friendships, family/relationships
Kwame: April 19th, 2017
- Stay focused
- Have more confidence
- Think through before making decisions
- Don’t compromise
Bichelle: April 21st.2017
- Follow your instincts
- Stick to what you believe
- You are beautiful
- Be selective of the men you chose. (70+ years old)
- Don’t be hard on yourself. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes.
- Get saved
-Your dreams will take a longer time to happen but it will happen eventually so you were worried for nothing.
-Dear younger self, next time pick up that call from Jesus earlier. You kept running from all those ladies he sent you in high school. But i am happy I eventually got your attention said Jesus.
-You worry too much about what people think and missed out on a lot because you were afraid you’d offend someone. Next time, let’s start not worrying about what others would say or do. Just be worry what the Lord God thinks.
-Listen to my instinct
-If a man says he doesn’t want you, he really means it. Don’t try to change him.
-Mothers are mostly right.
-Follow your passion not what your parents want you to do for them.
- Know the Lord earlier
- Patience. If you don’t have patience and if someone wants to get to know you, you’ll miss out. Don’t judge before knowing a person. Deep down the person may be the person for you.
- To know myself better
- Don’t marry someone who is so much older than you. Find someone you can have fun with. When someone is so much older than you, sometimes, there isn’t any chemistry/no relationship between you and the person.
Carrie (Waitress) : 7/28/2017
- Don’t give up your virginity before marriage. I wish I could have waited.
- Don’t take in what people say. Be wise. Don’t be easily deceived. There’s a lot of darkness out there. The heart is deceitful.
- Put God first. The best wisdom is from God. Continue to study his word.