Hey :). I hope your’e all doing well. I don’t know if any of you are still in high school but I’m sure you know someone who is still in high school that can benefit from this blog post. Tell your friends and their friends. Alright, let’s get straight to the point.
- Get to know yourself. The journey doesn’t stop once you leave high school but it’s very important that you take time to know yourself.
- Surround yourself with like minded people. Understand that not everyone is your friend. You will realize that you were only friends with these people because you guys had similarities and either had classes together. Birds of the same feather flock together so be careful of the crowd you follow.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Things happen for a reason, but learn from your mistakes.
- Don’t compare yourself with those around you whether they are your friends or classmates. Everyone is raised differently. Just because someone is wearing a name brand accessory doesn’t mean you have to do the same. I never had Nike’s. My parent’s couldn’t afford to buy me name brand goods. I was grateful that I had something to wear. Learn to be content with what you have.
- Apply to the colleges of your choice. It’s okay if you have to attend a community college before a 4 year college. Honey child, it saves you some money. Just because your classmates or friends are attending a four college doesn’t mean anything. Do what is best for you. Let’s be honest. If you want to travel out of state for college, please take the time to really think about the expenses and loans you will be taking. Will it all be worth it at the end? Are you trying to go out of state because your tired of living with your parents and want your freedom? Please do take the time to think about the decision your’e making. Apply to a lot of scholarships. Whether you win some of none, you tried and that’s what matters.
- Have a personal relationship with God. It’s not all about going to church and sitting in the pews. I’m not saying don’t go to church. Go but don’t let that be a substitution of spending time with God. Don’t go because mama or grandma is forcing you to go. You may not realize it in high school but you will soon realize that it’s important to have a relationship with God. Take time to pray every day. Attend Bible Study. You are never too young to spend time with the Lord.
- If you can find a job while going to school, do so. Save up your money. Don’t spend it anyhow. Be wise about the way you spend your money.
- Focus in your classes. Appreciate your teachers. Some of the lessons they teach in class can help you once you leave high school. Take high school seriously. Learn to get to school on time. Not being punctual in life can rob you from certain opportunities.
- Get involved in extracurricular activities. Volunteer. Write your resume. Ask your teacher’s for advice in regards to college or etc.
- Have fun in high school. It goes faster than you think it will.Don’t isolate yourself. Make friends but understand that everyone you come across paths with in this life is for a purpose far beyond your understanding. Make the most out of your high school years. Take pictures. Encourage your friends/classmates. Create memories. Live. Love. Laugh. Be you always. 🙂