“Yet you, Lord, are our Father. We are the clay, you are the potter; we are all the work of your hand.” -Isaiah 64:8
What a great joy it is to be loved by the Father; to be showered with the gift of grace, favor, peace, and every perfect gift from above. With each new day, we are given opportunities to display God’s love to those around us. In this blog post, we are going to take a look at 10 things we can do as we go forth into our days to showcase God’s goodness and incomparable love to those surrounding us. Let’s get started!
1. Smile : Smile, it doesn’t cost you anything. Let the light of God radiate through your smile. Your smile can make a difference in someone’s life.
2. Call/Text : Take the time to reach out to your friends and loved ones. Don’t allow the busyness in your life to get in the way of you make time for those who matter. Texting someone “Good morning. How are you?” makes a huge difference in someone’s life”. By God’s grace, we are all given 24 hours in a day. May we take the time to check up on those we love.
3. Pray : It’s one thing to say “I’m going to pray for you” and another thing to actually pray for someone. So many times, we take down prayer requests but due to our busyness and forgetfulness, we don’t take the time to pray for others.
4. Quality Time : Spend time with those you love. Go to breakfast, brunch or dinner with them. You can even take a walk or simply sit in a place and just catch up. Tim is of essence and there’s no better way than spending it with those you profess you love.
5. Be A Giver : To give doesn’t necessarily mean spending money. There are so many ways we can give to others. Examples: Cook a meal, pay for someone’s lunch or groceries.
6. Encourage Others : As we go forth throughout our week, there are people we encounter who are going through tough times. Speaking life into their situations make a difference. It can give them hope. You can encourage someone by speaking life or writing a note to them.
7. Compliment Someone : Do it genuinely. Believe me when I say, giving someone a compliment goes a long way. You never know what someone is going through but your kind words can put a smile on their face. It doesn’t take five minutes to tell someone you like their hair, outfit or the cologne they are wearing.
8. Be Kind : Let the fruit of Christ character be so eminent in your lifestyle. It doesn’t hurt to be kind to other. Kindness is not to be demonstrated only when someone shows your kindness. We must continually ask the Holy Spirit to teach us how to bear this fruit. For it is written “By their fruit you will recognize them.” -Matthew 7:16. In the same way, one can differentiate a mango from a banana, may those who encounter you see the light of Christ through your life.
9. Share Your Testimony : God has been good to me and there’s no greater joy than sharing my testimony with those surrounding me. We are given opportunities to share of God’s goodness but we must learn to cease those opportunities. The Glory belongs unto God. He is continually working in each one of us. We all have been tested but through it all, we have the Victory through Christ alone. There are people who need to hear the sound of Victory. There are people who are lost, discouraged, depressed who need to hear that God is waiting for them. He has not forsaken them. Like a father, He awaits His children with open arms. Ask God to give you the Spirit of Boldness to share about the wonderful deeds He has done for you.
10. Live : Live as children of the light. We have tasted and seen God’s goodness. We have experienced the light Himself (Savior Of the world). There are so many people who have not experienced Christ. If we live our lives as people who are dead, how can those surrounding us be awakened by the truth? Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life (see John 14:6). Because Christ lives, we also live. Despite the challenges we face in this life, He is our living hope. Because of the hope we have in Christ, we are rest assured that everything we need is Him. We are secure in Christ. Our identity is found in Him. We belong to the One who lives now and forevermore. May we take delight in this knowledge of knowing Christ and who we are in Him.
Verses To Ponder
“Then I passed by and saw you kicking about in your blood, and as you lay there in your blood I said to you, “Live!” -Ezekiel 16:6