For many of us, before the year started we made a list of things we wanted to do. And for others, a new years resolutions list was made. I wonder how’s that coming along? Have you accomplished any of your goals? What is hindering you from starting or even continuing?
So as the year started, I made a new years resolution which was (consistency). Consistency in every area in my life. From reading/studying the Bible more, writing on my blog, reading a book every month. How’s that going so far for me? It’s actually going well. If I can rate how consistent I am from a scale of 1-10, I would say 8.5 out of 10. I am trying. Where credit is due, I’ll give it. It’s not always but having a small notebook to take notes has been extremely helpful.
On January 16th, I started a “set a goal every week challenge”. I told my sister and one of my friends about it. They joined my challenge. So what exactly is the challenge? So every week on Sunday, you must set one or two goals for yourself for that week. When Sunday arrives, we have to report to each other on how the challenge went about for us. Were we able to accomplish the goal we wanted to accomplish? Why didn’t we accomplish us? What were some of the hindrances that set us back? What can we do the next time, for this not to be a repetitive behavior?
Feel free to join this challenge.
1. Get a notebook/writing utensil.
2. Every Sunday, you must write a new goal for the week.
3. Get a friend to participate in this challenge. Tell your friends and their friends.
Tips on seriously accomplishing your goals
1. Be focused.
2. Check your notebook on what needs to be accomplished. Check off what you have accomplished. Be consistent. If you can’t accomplish last weeks goal, for the following week, instead of creating a new list, you can write in your notebook “Complete last week’s goals.”
3. Let your goals be realistic.
Examples of Goals:
1. Start reading/studying a book in the Bible.
2. Cook a new meal
3. Write for an hour
4. Spend time to listen to worship (no distraction)
5. Drink 5-6 cups of water
6. Read three chapters in a book
7. Take a walk for 30 minutes every day
8. Speak to your mother/father more often.
9. Start working on your book.
10. Start a Youtube channel.