Happy Independence Day to my homeland Ghana. Today we have turned 60 years old. For the first time, I actually didn’t do anything to celebrate. I didn’t eat any African food. I wasn’t home. It was a beautiful feeling seeing the amount of posts that people shared online on how they were celebrating this day. I miss Ghana very much. I haven’t been there in 16 years. Soon and very soon, I will go. I’m telling you the plane ticket is like someone’s breakfast, lunch and dinner. To think of it, if we allow money to get in the way of going somewhere, we will never travel. Tell me, how did you celebrate this Independence Day? What did you chop today? Fufu & Light Soup, Banku & Okra or straight Ghana jollof rice?
Here are a few pictures I came across online on Ghana.
Picture Credit: All photos were found on Tumblr. P.S. Happy two years to my blog. (March 6,2015). We are in 2017 and we will continue to flourish 🙂
- Were you born in Ghana or another state/country?
- What do you like about Ghana?
- What do you dislike about it?
- What are some of your favorite foods?
- Do you see yourself living in Ghana if your not there?
- If there’s one thing you can change about Ghana, what would it be?
- What are some of your childhood memories living in there?
- What day of the week were you born?
- What tribe are you from?
- If there’s one place in Ghana you’ll like to visit, where would it be?
- What are some good restaurants you have visited?